Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Dorothy Hamill rides again!


I've gotten so smart in my old age! Let me tell you why...

The best haircut I ever had was a Dorothy Hamill wedge. Remember Dorothy Hamill? Skater? Cute as a bug with a wonderful flippy smooth haircut. Everyone wanted one, and I got one. (This is dating me, yes, I know.) My hair was perfect for that cut and I loved it.

Several years ago I decided to try it again. I sat down in the chair and told the hairdresser I wanted a Dorothy Hamill wedge. She said, "Who's Dorothy Hamill?" I said, "Never mind." How embarrassing.

I've gotten smart, however, as I mentioned earlier. I went to the salon, told the stylist what I wanted. I explained how the back should look, how long the sides were to be, the length of the top layers in relation to the bottom layers. About 45 minutes later,Voila! I had a Dorothy Hamill wedge. And guess what. It still works for me.

I am so cute I can hardly stand it. And when you're 43 these moments are few and far between so I'll take them when I can. And don't tell me I look like a dork from the 70s. Let me enjoy it a little longer.

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger ChristineMM said...

I had that haircut when it was in, when I was ten.

Last week I went to get my hair cut and asked for a bob with a wedge in the back. I tried this last year but my hair stylist, on the second visit, recut the style and wrecked the bob. So right now my hair is longest at the hairline and it's curly. This is the way I had it when I got married so I am feeling younger now. And feel perky. LOL.

I totally get what you are sharing in this post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home